Starting on November 18, 2013, we’ll be hosting a trivia contest on our Chipotle on Campus Facebook and Twitter pages. Here are the rules for that contest:
Chipotle On Campus Trivia Contests
These promotions, which will run in multiple installments, each involve a chance, offered by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. for individuals who submit the correct answer to a trivia question posted on in Chipotle’s Chipotle on Campus social media channels (Facebook and Twitter), to win a prize package consisting of Chipotle Dinner for 2 and a Chipotle t-shirt. Winners will be chosen at random by Chipotle from all eligible entries. The promotions are subject to the following official rules:
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotion period for each installment runs from time the question is first posted to a Chipotle on Campus social media channel (Facebook or Twitter) until 48 hours thereafter. First question is expected to be on or about Monday, November 18th. Each eligible entrant submitting the correct answer (as determined by Chipotle in its sole discretion) to the applicable trivia question will be entered to win. Promotion will be publicized by Chipotle on the Chipotle on Campus Facebook page and Twitter account and may be promoted in Chipotle restaurants or on Chipotle web sites as well. Chipotle will track entries and only one entry will be allowed per person and per Facebook and Twitter account. Multiple entries by a single person through multiple Facebook and/or Twitter accounts are a violation of these official rules and are grounds for disqualification. In case of dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Twitter account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is recognized by Facebook and Twitter or reflected in Facebook’s or Twitter’s records. Data rates apply for mobile entries, in accordance with the terms of entrant’s mobile service agreement.
3. Eligible entrants may also enter by mail. Simply hand print your name, address (including zip code), home and cell phone number (including area codes), email address and date of birth, date of posting of the trivia question being answered, as well as an answer to the question, and mail it to Chipotle on Campus Trivia Contests, 1401 Wynkoop Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202. Only one entry will be allowed per person. Mail entries must be postmarked by the day following the posting date of the applicable question.
4. Two winners – one from qualifying Facebook answers and one from qualifying Twitter answers - will be chosen at random by Chipotle on the second business day following the closing of the applicable promotion period. Winners will be notified by e-mail, text message or telephone within five business days of the drawing. In the event any winner does not claim the prize within five days of notification of their status as prize winner, Chipotle may in its sole discretion select a substitute winner, in which case such originally notified winner will be disqualified and all rights and privileges of such originally- notified winner as a prize winner in the contest will be immediately waived. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
5. Entrants must be a resident of the United States, 14 years or older. Employees of Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., and any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family members of any of the foregoing employees, and Chipotle Student Brand Managers and their immediate families, are not eligible entrants.
7. Prizes will consist of Dinner for 2 card for Chipotle Mexican Grill, entitling the holder to two entrees (i.e. burritos, orders of tacos, burrito bowls, salads, or any combination of two of the foregoing), two orders of chips and guacamole, and two fountain drinks, as well as a Chipotle t-shirt. No substitution for or transfer of prizes permitted. Retail value of each prize package is approximately $35; prizes may not be redeemed for cash. Chipotle reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value as determined by Chipotle in its sole discretion, if any the prize (or portion thereof) cannot be awarded as described. Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed except at the sole discretion of Chipotle. PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE.
8. All Federal, State, provincial, local and other applicable taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
9. Chipotle reserves the right to implement policies and procedures as may be necessary to enforce compliance with any element of these official rules. Winners (or a winner’s parent or qualified legal guardian if a winner is under the applicable age of majority) and their guests may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, or other documentation required by Chipotle. Winner’s first initial, last name, hometown and state will be disclosed on a Winner’s List which will be distributed upon request and as required by law. For the first initial, last name, hometown and state of the winner, mail a first class-stamped envelope to: Chipotle on Campus Trivia Contest c/o Chipotle Marketing, 1401 Wynkoop St., Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202.
10. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and any other rules and regulations adopted by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. This promotion shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Colorado, USA, and the federal laws of the United States of America, without regard to the provisions of conflicts of laws thereof. Entrants further each hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the State of Colorado in connection with any legal proceeding relating to this promotion or brought to enforce or interpret these Official Rules, and further agree that such federal and state courts located in the State of Colorado will be the sole and exclusive venue for any such proceedings, and hereby waive any objection based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, inconvenient forum or similar grounds in any such proceeding. Entrants further each hereby irrevocably waive any right to bring or join in any class action relating to this promotion, and agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any submission therein will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
11. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. By accepting a prize, recipient agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of: (i) winner’s participation in the promotion (including with respect to text message charges for all attempted entries, whether or not made in error or accepted in the promotion); or (ii) the receipt or redemption of the prize.
12. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT CHIPOTLE DETERMINES MAY PLACE CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES IN DANGER OF VIOLATING ANY PROVISION OF APPLICABLE LAW, OR IN DANGER OF BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR THAT REFLECTS ADVERSELY ON CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, MAY IN CHIPOTLE’S SOLE DISCRETION BE DISQUALIFIED AS A WINNER AND ALL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
13. Chipotle assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion. Chipotle is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players as a result of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
14. If, for any reason, any installment of the promotions is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Chipotle which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. In the event the promotion is terminated prior to the stated expiration date, all or a portion of the prize may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Chipotle. Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds (a) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this promotion, (b) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (c) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the promotion.
15. All determinations by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. are final.
16. These promotions is sponsored by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., 1401 Wynkoop Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202. None of Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., or any of their affiliates are sponsoring, endorsing, administering or otherwise associated with or responsible for these promotions.