Local sourcing of ingredients is one of Chipotle’s focuses on our Food With Integrity journey. In Cleveland, Ohio we are taking our local sourcing efforts one step further. Today, we proudly announce that we’re now serving Great Lakes Brewing Company’s Dortmunder Gold in 44 of our Cleveland area restaurants.
Great Lakes Brewing Company was Ohio’s first brewpub to open after prohibition and has grown to the 18th largest in the country.
Walking into the brewery is a celebration of the past and a dedication to a more sustainable future.
The brewery occupies buildings constructed as early as 1872 in the area that formerly housed the Schlather Brewing Company, a brewery that closed during Prohibition.
Pat and Dan Conway started GLBC in 1988 and Dortumunder Gold was among the first beers they brewed. In their first year of operation, they produced 1000 barrels of beer. In 2013, they crafted over 146,000 barrels!
Since both Chipotle and Great Lakes Brewing Company have put a focus on a more sustainable future, our partnership just makes sense. For example, the brewery’s brewpub uses sustainable materials, energy efficient lighting, and sources local ingredients for their recipes.
Sourcing locally for the brewpub is as super important to Great Lakes Brewing Company as it is for Chipotle. For example, the Ohio City Farm is a six acre urban farm just down the street from the brewery that overlooks the city of Cleveland. The brewpub sources vegetables and herbs for their menu and hops for their beers from this farm.
Okay, so we’ve talked about why this makes sense, but let’s focus on the beer.
Dortmunder is the gold standard of German Lagers. No, really, it is. This lager has won 12 gold medals at the American Beer Championships and four gold medals at the World Beer Championships.
When you visit on of our restaurants serving Dortmunder Gold, remember it’s best paired with salads and chicken.
Here are the winners from our February, 6 2014 Facebook and Twitter Haiku Contest. All winners have been notified. And Individual haiku will be posted/tweeted on Valentines Day.
From Facebook (Likes totalled at 11:59pm PST on 2/6):
Nicolle B 197
Jen M 142
Ally W 137
D W 106
Ethan B 93
Glenn C 89
Sahil A 87
Alyssa F 66
Jason Z 65
Mike R 64
From Twitter (Retweets totalled at 11:59pm PST on 2/6):
Chad C 158
Nicole P 100
Katrina D 72
Alexandra W 50
Amber W 36
Caroline R 34
Jackie K 30
Amanda G 27
Maya L 26
Jordyn W 26
CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL
Burrito Love Haiku Contest
This contest involves a social media-based promotion to be conducted by CMG Strategy Co., LLC on behalf of Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants, to provide twenty prizes, each consisting of dinner for two (two entrees, one chips and guac, and a drink) at a Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant, with one prize to be awarded to ten individual winners from Facebook and ten individual winners from Twitter. The contest is subject to the following official rules:
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Ordinary internet access, text message and similar charges do apply.
2. Contest period runs from 10:00am EST on February 6, 2014 through 11:59pm PST on February 6, 2014. Each eligible entrant will be permitted to enter by: FOR FACEBOOK ENTRIES: posting a haiku to the wall on Chipotle’s official Facebook page during the promotion period; FOR TWITTER ENTRIES: posting a tweet to @chipotletweets during the promotion period. Entry information will be posted on Chipotle’s official Facebook page and sent by @chipotletweets and one or more additional Twitter accounts affiliated with Chipotle. No other method of entry permitted. Chipotle is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged entries.
3. To be eligible, entries must be in haiku form, as determined by Chipotle in its sole discretion. The eligible entries with the 10 most “likes” on Facebook will be the Facebook winners, and the eligible entries with the 10 highest number of retweets by accounts other than the entrant will be the Twitter winners. No individual may win more than one prize, regardless of whether such prize is awarded in respect of a Facebook entry or Twitter entry. Winners will be notified by e-mail, text message or telephone within two business days of completion of the contest period. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
4. Entrants must be a legal resident of the United States, 14 years or older. Employees of CMG Strategy Co., LLC, and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates, and the respective advertising and promotional agencies of the foregoing, are not eligible entrants.
5. Eligible entrants may enter as often as they wish during the contest period, subject to limitations provided elsewhere in these official rules, but each Entry must be unique. Entries may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate language or content, as determined in Chipotle’s sole discretion. Entries deemed inappropriate or unsuitable in Chipotle’s sole discretion will be disqualified. Automated, script, macro or robotic entries will be disqualified.
6. All entries must be the sole, original work of the entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of the entry from any other source. Entries may not have been published previously or have been submitted in any other competition. Entrants must own all rights in and to any entry submitted by him/her. By submitting an entry, entrant understands that any entry, in its entirety or any portion thereof, may (in Chipotle’s sole discretion) be posted on one or more Chipotle-affiliated websites and/or used in other Chipotle-selected media, and hereby grants all rights necessary to Chipotle and its affiliates, or any of them, to so post and/or use such entry or portion thereof, and entrant grants Chipotle, its affiliates and independent contractors all rights necessary to do any of the foregoing.
7. No substitution for or transfer of prize permitted. Retail value of each prize is approximately $22; prize may not be redeemed for cash.
8. All Federal, State, provincial, local and other applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
9. Chipotle reserves the right to implement policies and procedures as may be necessary to enforce compliance with these official rules. Winners (or a winner’s parent or qualified legal guardian if winner is under the applicable age of majority) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, or other documentation required by Chipotle.
10. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and any other rules and regulations adopted by CMG Strategy Co., LLC. This contest shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Colorado, USA, and the federal laws of the United States of America, without regard to the provisions of conflicts of laws thereof. Entrants further each hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the State of Colorado in connection with any legal proceeding relating to this promotion or brought to enforce or interpret these Official Rules, and further agree that such federal and state courts located in the State of Colorado will be the sole and exclusive venue for any such proceedings, and hereby waive any objection based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, inconvenient forum or similar grounds in any such proceeding. Entrants further each hereby irrevocably waive any right to bring or join in any class action relating to this promotion, and agree that any legal proceedings relating to this promotion will be brought and litigated only on an individual and not a class basis.
11. Winners and their guests assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. By accepting a prize, winner and his or her guest, and their respective executors, heirs and assigns, agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CMG Strategy Co., LLC, Facebook, Twitter and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from and against any and all liabilities, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of: (i) participation in the contest (including with respect to internet access, text message or similar charges for all attempted entries, whether or not made in error or accepted in the promotion); or (ii) the receipt or redemption of any prize. Entrants will be disqualified if automatic software influencing voting or retweeting is used in their favor. Chipotle, its affiliates and independent contractors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the contest.
12. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY PRIZE WINNER THAT CHIPOTLE DETERMINES MAY PLACE CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES IN DANGER OF VIOLATING ANY PROVISION OF APPLICABLE LAW, OR IN DANGER OF BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR THAT REFLECTS ADVERSELY ON CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, MAY IN CHIPOTLE’S SOLE DISCRETION BE DISQUALIFIED AS A WINNER AND ALL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
13. None of Chipotle, Facebook or Twitter assumes any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion. None of Chipotle, Facebook or Twitter is responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players as a result of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
14. If, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Chipotle which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. In the event the promotion is terminated prior to the stated expiration date, all or a portion of the prize may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Chipotle. Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds (a) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this promotion, (b) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (c) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the promotion.
15. All determinations by CMG Strategy Co., LLC are final.
16. The contest is sponsored by CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 1401 Wynkoop Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202. Facebook and Twitter are not sponsors of and are not otherwise affiliated with the contest.